Versant Spanish Test
The Versant™ Spanish Test evaluates a non-native Spanish speaker's ability to understand and to communicate appropriately in Spanish on everyday topics. Versant automated tests allow employers to quickly, objectively, and accurately screen candidates when spoken Spanish skills are critical for success on the job.
How the Test is Used
- To assess the language capability of Spanish bilingual employees
- To hire government agents for immigration or border protection which require spoken Spanish skills
- To certify English and Spanish bilingual teachers
- To evaluate students' spoken Spanish language skills
Why Use Versant
1. Research-based and reliable for accurate, meaningful results.
- The Versant Spanish Test is built using criteria developed by expert linguists. The Versant testing system, based on the patented Ordinate® technology, has been extensively field trialed and validated with reference to the most qualified human evaluators of language proficiency, fluency, and pronunciation.
2. Objective, independent assessment for a more robust approach.
- The Versant testing system allows you to evaluate all of your employees on an equal basis with objective, unbiased scoring. It complies with the legal and professional guidelines in the Uniform Guidelines for Employee Selection Procedures and the Principles for the Validation and Use of Personnel Selection Procedures governing the use of tests for high-stakes decision-making in organizations.
3. Streamlined administration and automated scoring save time.
- Your staff can easily administer Versant Spanish Tests by having employees take the test over the telephone or on a test center computer. The Versant testing system automatically scores a candidate's test, making a detailed score report available for you in the reporting system within minutes of being submitted.